Starslinger Kings [dev build]
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
NOTE: This game is currently in development. This is cool because it means you can try new things we add, but it might also be uncool in that we can't promise everything won't be totally broken.
Basically, enter at your own risk!
Starslinger Kings is a an arcade game about building your own mech and sending it against an entire army of space bandits! Couch co-op for up to 4 players, with versus modes in the planning.
When building your mech, you'll be able to select between:
- Arms: changes up your primary weapon -- will you take the accuracy and power of a sniper rifle, or rain SMG rounds down on your enemies?
- Core: grants passive traits (or will in the next demo probably), like anti-missile lasers or anti-grav.
- Legs: influences mobility vs. armour rating, introducing the age-old question of "do I wanna go light and weave between bullets, or soak them up as a hulking tank?"
- Head: the hats of the mech world! But also offers stats modifiers on things like fire rate, accuracy, thrust power etc.
New dev builds will be made available as soon as we finish them!
Plans for next release:
- Keyboard and mouse support
- Bug fixes
Change log (last updated 5/11/2015)
- Mech building screen added before battle.
- New enemy: the Skull Knight.
- New parts added: the Air Knight set and the Castle set.
- New weapons added: sniper rifle and beam cannon.
- Stage/campaign progression implemented.
- All terrain is now destructible.
- Combat tweaks: weapons now overheat and will need to cool down before being useful again; your bullets also destroy enemy bullets (your offense is now also defensive, but overheating leaves you vulnerable).
|Release date||Jul 15, 2016|
|Author||2 Hit Studio|
|Tags||Arcade, Controller, Co-op, Local Co-Op, Local multiplayer, Mechs, Pixel Art, Sci-fi, Space|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Player count||1 - 4|
The game currently only works Xbox controllers! Also yo need a Java Runtime Environment to make it run: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html